Communication / promotion resources
A comprehensive set of communication / promotion resources has been developed to support implementation of the survey. A pack of hardcopy and softcopy materials is provided to participating institutions each year in advance of fieldwork. The materials include:
- Logos and e-zine elements
- Branded banners, t-shirts, pens, notebooks
- PowerPoint slide for use to encourage students to take part
- PowerPoint templates and electronic imagery
- Banners and flags have been provided in previous years
Examples of action
A report, “Effective feedback and uses of ISSE data: an emerging picture“, provides examples of practice from Irish institutions.
Exploring the data for different disciplines / fields of study
In partnership with the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning, a series of workshops was initiated to explore student responses from the perspective of different broad disciplines. In 2016, discipline-specific data from three years’ collated fieldwork were explored with participants. The collation of data from multiple years’ fieldwork enabled larger data sets for all fields of study. Data files are available here and on the National Forum website.
Similar discipline-based workshops take place each year, with details disseminated by the National Forum.
Some perspectives of students and staff (from various disciplines and institutions) on uses of ISSE data are available at here.
Promotional videos with students are available:
A series of short videos are available to explain different aspects of the survey.
- Introduction to the Irish Survey of Student Engagement (approx. 12 mins.)
- An overview of ISSE data for institutions (approx. 4 mins.)
Participating institutions have also developed local videos