About St. Angela's College
St. Angela’s College offers a high quality of university education, with small classes and state of the art resources within a strong community environment, while offering the wider opportunities of being a college of NUI Galway. Its profile of academic programmes of study includes Nursing & Health Studies, Education, Special Needs Education, Theology, Food and Consumer Studies, Science, Irish, Economics and Social Studies.
Survey Live: 24 February - 15 March 2020
Each participating institution selects a specific three-week period during February and March to open the survey for their students. This allows the national survey to take account of local events and other demands on students’ time in order to increase the benefit of the survey at local level – “national survey, local impact“.
Meet the Survey Team
Declan Courell is the Registrar at St. Angela's College and is available to answer any questions you may have in relation to the survey.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 071 919 5516
Joe Redahan is the SU President at St. Angela's College and is available to answer any questions you may have in relation to the survey.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 089 258 2959
Most impactful use of the survey data for St. Angela's College
Students have indicated that some of the things that the institution does best include;
- having small groups facilitate learning
- Lecturers know the students and are approachable
- Lectures are relevant to their chosen profession
- Lecturers are willing to assist students in any way that they can
A number of actions were actioned in response to data emanating from previous years surveys including but not limited to the following;
- The establishment of an Academic Writing Centre
- The appointment of a Student Engagement Officer
- The installation of an outdoor gym and lakeside walk
- The development of a College assessment policy
- The establishment of a “Student Mentoring” programme
- Provision of provisional results through Moodle
- Improvement in College Wifi
- Review and reduction in Class contact hours
- Review of Course Committee terms of references to ensure programme students are represented on forum