The StudentSurvey.ie Analysis and Impact Group is pleased to announce the StudentSurvey.ie Autumn Workshop Series 2022. This initiative is in response to the need for more support in analysing the StudentSurvey.ie data expressed by the community of practitioners working on the survey.
The online workshops, excluding the Mi:Lab strategic reflection workshop, will be recorded and the recordings will be available on the StudentSurvey.ie website within a few days of the workshop.
1. Training for SU executive officers for working with StudentSurvey.ie data - Tuesday 11 October 2pm
2. The Future of StudentSurvey.ie in the Higher Education policy landscape: A Design-Thinking Workshop - Wednesday 19 October, 11.30am - 12.15pm
3. Mi:Lab Strategic Reflection Workshop - Monday 24 October, 10.30am - 1pm
4. Launch of the report automation tool - Tuesday 25 October, 2pm - 3pm
5. Qualitative data analysis - results & methods - Tuesday 1 November, 2pm - 3pm
6. What’s next for data visualisation dashboards? - Tuesday 8 November, 2pm - 3pm
1. Training for SU executive officers for working with StudentSurvey.ie data
Tuesday 11 October 2pm
This workshop was for SU representatives only and was hosted by USI. For any SU reps who missed it, the slides are being circulated by USI.
2. The Future of StudentSurvey.ie in the Higher Education policy landscape: A Design-Thinking Workshop
Wednesday 19 October, 11.30am - 12.15pm
Led by Maynooth Innovation Lab (Mi:Lab), this engaging workshop will encourage attendees to consider where StudentSurvey.ie, an important national initiative for student feedback and engagement, fits into an evolving policy landscape. This strategic workshop is part of a larger strategic reflection being undertaken by the StudentSurvey.ie Steering Group, and the outputs of this workshop will feed into planning for the future of the project. This workshop will take place as part of the programme for the QQI 10th Anniversary Conference in Croke Park.
3. Mi:Lab Strategic Reflection Workshop
Monday 24 October, 10.30am - 1pm
The final interactive workshop led by Mi:Lab will create a space for anyone working with StudentSurvey.ie to influence the strategic reflection being undertaken by the StudentSurvey.ie Steering Group and to shape the future of the project.
4. Launch of the report automation tool
Tuesday 25 October, 2pm - 3pm
Chaired by Dr Lydia Devenney (ATU), this session will introduce attendees to the StudentSurvey.ie Report Automation Tool. Blaž Podobnik (MIC) and Linda O'Sullivan (MTU) will demonstrate the two applications of R and R studio to the StudentSurvey.ie data. This is an important development for StudentSurvey.ie and could revolutionise the way you analyse the data, and massively cut down on the workload involved. Find information on preparing for this workshop HERE.
5. Qualitative data analysis - results & methods
Tuesday 1 November, 2pm - 3pm
Chaired by Dr Suzanne Guerin (UCD and Chair of the StudentSurvey.ie PGR Working Group), this session will familiarise attendees with the reports on analysis of qualitative data published in 2021. Some of the lead researchers, including Dr Stehen Erskine (Insight Statistical Consulting), Dr Darragh McCashin (DCU) and Dr Michelle Share (TCD) will share their results and insights into methodologies. This workshop will be ideal for anyone interested in gleaning more insight from the free text generated by StudentSurvey.ie and PGR StudentSurvey.ie.
6. What’s next for data visualisation dashboards?
Tuesday 8 November, 2pm - 3pm
The final workshop in the series will focus on the re-design of the In Touch data visualisation dashboards. This re-design is being led by David Round, who works for the survey company i-graduate and who is leading on the re-design. He will present the i-graduate proposal for a new look In Touch, and it is essential that he gets feedback from users of In Touch to ensure it is fit for purpose. Anyone who currently uses In Touch, or who may wish to in the future, is invited to attend.